Have you ever wondered how to intensify your workouts or add variety to a daily routine? There are many different ways that this is possible. The list below provides some options to help you get the most out of your workout.
1. Add an exercise to your routine. When you add a different exercise to your routine, it helps intensify your workout because it works a variety of muscles from different angles.
2. Increase resistance. Increasing your resistance also increases intensity, because it forces your muscles to go beyond failure.
3. Shorten your rest intervals. The shorter your rest intervals, the more intense the workout.
4. Supersets. Incorporating supersets into your routine works the same muscles back-to-back, which helps activate a greater percentage of the muscle being engaged.
5. Repetition tempo. Switching from a slow to fast tempo during each set maximizes the recruitment of muscle fibers.
Don’t be afraid to try something new and step out from your normal workout routines. Add variety, increase your intensity and see results faster!
Today’s tips were provided by Ashley Burd, a personal trainer at the CSU Rec Center. Have a fitness question you would like answered? Leave a comment below and your question may be featured in our next Trainer Knows Best post!